CENTURION Pretoria, South Africa, 05 February 2019 - As a recognised leader in the South African information industry, Sabinet recognises the need for research. Sabinet is committed to being a partner for African publishers by adding value and providing support to the publishers making use of its www.journals.co.za platform.
After thorough investigation, Sabinet is proud to announce a new service offering that will shape the value chain of scholarly publishing in South Africa and change the workflow and effectiveness of publishers. Through online publishing, African and South African publishers now have a tool to increase their effectiveness in the publishing of their journals. The Sabinet Online Publishing Platform will enable South African scholarly publishers to make use of the following systems individually or in unison:
- An Online Peer Review system
- An Online Publishing/production system
- An Article Processing Charges (APC) Management system
These systems can be used in any combination to specifically meet the individual needs of the publisher. Furthermore, the Sabinet Online Publishing Platform offers publishers the following benefits:
- The system is fully customisable in terms of publisher workflows and branding
- The Online Peer Review saves 25% of an editor’s time because of automated processes such as email templates/editor’s letters/notifications etc.
- Copyright resides with the publisher, Sabinet only delivers the service and the local support thereof
- Sabinet carries the risk of the everchanging exchange rate: a fixed amount is quoted for the publisher and is fixed for the year. We believe that this will help with better budget planning
- Sabinet provides local support and training when and where needed. We strive to provide excellent client service at all time
- All the systems are fully integrated with services such as CrossRef, ORCID, Similarity Check, PubMed etc.
- The integration with Sabinet African Journals (formerly SA ePublications) will be seamless
African research is a precious commodity and should be regarded the same. We are excited to launch this system to African and South African publishers.
For more information about this service contact firstname.lastname@example.org