Statement from Sabinet on COVID-19
Given the unknown variables surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, many businesses across South Africa are having to evaluate their preparedness for the potential impact it may have on their operations, supply chain and employee well-being.
Our priorities at Sabinet are the safety and well-being of our employees and our ability to maintain uninterrupted, high-quality service and support for our clients. We do not expect any significant business interruptions because of COVID-19. Our shared, cloud-based infrastructure makes it possible for libraries to work remotely. Our partner in library solutions, OCLC, has issued their statement on COVID-19.
We are cognisant that many libraries are facing closure and reduction in services as a result of the current situation.
Please consider OCLC Services & COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions that may support your libraries plans and procedures to lessen the impact of COVID-19.
The delivery of our information services:
are uninterrupted and you can access all services remotely.
We have implemented several steps as a precaution.
- We have increased awareness and implemented additional hygiene measures at our office premises.
- Our travel policy has been updated to temporarily suspend all business travel.
- We are reducing face-to-face meetings by encouraging the use of video conferencing in lieu of in-person gatherings, for both internal meetings and meetings with clients.
- We also have facilities in place for virtual training for all clients.
- We have implemented policies and procedures that enable most staff members to work remotely.
Keeping Our Clients Informed
We appreciate the trust and confidence you place in us and we are committed to:
- Ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and prevent any disruption to our business operations or client service and support.
We continue to monitor the situation and will inform you if there are any critical changes to the situation.
May you, your families and your colleagues remain safe in these turbulent times.Please feel free to contact us if you need support or have any queries.