Tipasa helps maintain ILL services during any crisis, ensuring your users never lose access to the information they need. Libraries should consider TIPASA in future disaster management plans.
Keep your libraries services going through any crisis.
With Tipasa, your users can:
- Link to high-quality bibliographic records and holdings information provided by libraries around the world - with its foundation in WorldCat, the largest database of information about library collections.
- Place and monitor requests from anywhere with any device. Email or text notifications let them know the moment their request is fulfilled.
- Securely access electronic documents they request as soon as they're available - via Article Exchange. Limits on the document's availability help you stay within copyright guidelines.
With Tipasa, you and your library can
- Lighten your workload by automatically pushing user requests to valid lending libraries based on criteria you set. When one of your preferred lenders supplies an electronic document, your users can receive it without the need for you to review or process the request.
- Spend more time on resource sharing tasks. With a cloud-based system, you don’t have to deal with IT staff for upgrades or maintenance. Tipasa includes a simple yet powerful user interface and a simple configuration and customization interface.
- Simplify ILL payments and charges by routing all fees through your regular OCLC invoice. Interlibrary Loan Fee Management (IFM) allows you to easily reconcile all ILL fees on a monthly basis. Free your staff from calculating fees, writing and mailing checks and following up on unpaid invoices.
- Illustrate value of ILL services with usage statistics - show your stakeholders how much your users and other libraries rely on your ability to support ILL. Analyse borrowing and lending patterns in your library to refine staffing, workflows, policies and preferences.
- Can help others “see” data and trends so they better understand the information.
- Connect with the world's libraries - With its foundation in WorldCat, the largest database of information about library collections, Tipasa links to high-quality bibliographic records and holdings information provided by libraries around the world.