ReQuest is a web-based resource-sharing service for Southern African libraries.
The ReQuest interlending service facilitates access to the resources of other libraries, by allowing borrowing and lending between institutions. Provision for requesting and supplying items, as well as the administrative, statistical and financial functions are managed by the system.
The benefits of ReQuest
- Ensures maximum usage of your collections
- Sabinet manages interlending fees on your behalf and will provide you with a consolidated invoice for payment (or credit)
- You can customise ReQuest with individual library policies and partners
- Statistical reports are available
- Article Exchange can be used to supply and receive documents at no charge with a SabiCat subscription
- Your library's users can place requests themselves (if permitted) to facilitate request processing by library staff