Connect your users to the information they need. Connect your library to the world.
WorldCat Discovery Services has two levels of application: a more basic version equivalent to FirstSearch functionality and a more comprehensive version which includes WorldCat Local functionality
WorldCat Discovery provides single search box access to your electronic, physical and digital collections. Facets and objective, non-biased relevancy rankings retrieve the most relevant content from WorldCat and your local collections. Command-line search functionality and the ability to limit to individual databases support the needs of library staff and other expert searchers. Specialised staff views show a MARC record display, ILL request integration, OCLC numbers and holdings by symbol.
The benefits of WorldCat® Discovery Services
- Connect to more than 1.8 billion electronic, digital and physical resources with access to WorldCat and a central index of more than 2100 e-content collections representing 285 of the world’s top publishers such as Gale, ProQuest, Elsevier, Springer and others
- Borrow or connect to full text. Staff and users can choose from integrated delivery options: link directly to full text, link to your OPAC, or borrow from another library. Connect to full text through built-in link resolution and an A to Z list when you have holdings in the WorldCat knowledge base
- Be visible where users start their search
- Support users where they are with mobile-ready views
- Integrate with other library services
- Gain local control to customise the user experience. Your library receives a unique URL for WorldCat Discovery with a customised interface you control to add local branding, colours and logo
For more information on WorldShare® Discovery Services, visit the OCLC website.