The SabiCat service supports the collection development process from the acquisitions to the cataloguing stage. Holdings and new records are added to OCLC's WorldCat database.
Experience the power of cooperative cataloguing. Benefit from the continuous work and expertise of OCLC and member libraries worldwide to collectively create, enhance and share quality records in WorldCat. Unlimited access to WorldCat allows you to quickly find the records you need, so you can copy catalogue from one source instead of doing original cataloguing.
The benefits of SabiCat
- Improve cataloguing efficiencies while reducing costs
- Your subscription includes access to the WorldCat knowledge base with its incorporated link resolver software, A – Z lists and integration with the WorldShare Collection Manager for management of your electronic resources
- No additional software is required – you only need an Internet browser
- WorldCat can be accessed and edited through your integrated library management system
- Increases the visibility of your holdings worldwide, leading to more efficient use of your collections
- All holdings and records added by Southern African libraries are added to the SACat, a union catalogue for the region, thereby further facilitating resource sharing