Sabinet's Municipal By-Laws offers complete full text access to all By-laws in force and applicable in Municipalities in all nine provinces, from 1995 to present day.
In addition to easy access to local legislation, this one-of-a-kind product also provides a fully comprehensive index for each province, listing both existing and disestablished municipalities.
The Municipal By-Laws product is an easily-accessible and searchable online collection for those who need to comply with By-laws in addition to Provincial and National Legislation, or wish to participate in the legislative process by commenting on draft By-laws by making use of our update notification facility.
The benefits of Municipal By-laws
- A comprehensive collection of all South African By-laws on one centralised platform, updated within five days of new information being Gazetted
- An index of By-laws currently in force in each municipality
- An index of By-laws from previous municipalities that have not been repealed yet
- Historical view of all amendments to the By-law, including recent amendments
- Complete list of disestablished municipalities