Sabinet offers a Digitisation Service to convert books, journals, archival material or documentation from printed to
What is offered by our Digitisation Service?
- Sabinet was recently appointed as the African distributor of the book2net scanners.
- Sabinet has a fully equipped department with the knowledge and skills to digitise projects for clients.
- Making your material digital or electronic will save on storage space and preserve it for future generations. It will also allow you to e-mail it to your users or even make it available through the web.
- On-site at your facility or off-site at ours, we are able to digitise books, documentation, leaflets or any other printed material.
- Depending on your needs we can also add metadata for easy retrieval or indexing for more in-depth organising of your information.
- Each project is unique and client's needs will determine the format of the files, length of the project and cost thereof. We can also OCR (Optical Character Recognition) your documents to add searchability.
- During 2009/2010 our digitisation department has scanned over 45 000 documents which were converted to PDF format, totaling over two million pages.
- Our latest equipment allows us to digitise ± 13 000 pages per day (loose documents of A4 or smaller) or ± 1200 in bound or book format. This varies depending of the quality of the material.
Think of the future – think of digitising!