|Sabinet Labour offers access to Bargaining Council Agreements for all Registered South African Bargaining Councils; Labour Judgments from all of the Courts with links to full text articles as well as A – Z lists with important information about Trade Unions, Trade Union Federations and Employers’ Organisations.
What is offered by the Sabinet Labour?
- Sabinet Labour is a unique South African Labour product since it offers access to the following:
- Access to all Bargaining Council Agreements in terms of the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 for all of the Registered Bargaining Councils from 2010.
- Access to Labour Judgment information from 1981 for all Courts with links to SAFLII where available. Searching capabilities on the Parties, Case Number, Judgment Date, Judge/Arbitrator, Court, Trade Union, Act and Sections of an Act.
- The Labour Judgments are linked to articles which discuss that specific judgment. Where possible, these articles link to the full text in our South African and African Electronic Journals product (SA ePublications’ Labour Collection).
- Access to 29 Labour Related Acts with all their Rules and Regulations and they are fully searchable. They can also be viewed in a list format.
- A – Z lists of Bargaining Councils, Trade Unions, Trade Union Federation, Statutory Councils and Employer’s Organisations which contain their Contact Details, Registration Notice, Intention to Register or De-Register Notices and Cancellation Notices.
- Cases related to section of the Acts this is a list containing every Act and the sections of that Act that have been referred to in Sabinet Labour. The user can then click on any section and view a list of all judgments in which that section was referred to.
- All Labour Forms which are also searchable for convenience.
- Direct links to the Rules of Court including the Constitutional Court, Supreme Court of Appeal, Labour Appeal Court, High Court, Magistrates Court, Labour Court and CCMA.
- Practice Directive for the Labour Court.
- Procedures that have to be followed in terms of the Employment Equity Act, Unemployment Insurance Act and Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act.
- Links to the Department of Labour’s Employment Contract Samples, SabinetLaw articles relating to Labour as well as the Legislative Profile of Acts on SabinetLaw.
Sabinet Labour is complemented by :
SA ePublications’ Labour Collection is a specialised collection of Sabinet’s African Journals (SA ePublications) service. It provides a access to a collection of journals, focusing on the specific needs of the Sabinet Labour subscriber.
Login to SA ePublications:
Login via IP Authentication.
If you are a student at a SA tertiary institution, contact your library to access our services. If not, please register.