helps you to make your digital collections available on the Web, more quickly and easily. No matter the format - local history archives, newspapers, books, maps, slide libraries or audio/video - CONTENTdm can handle the storage, management and delivery of your collections to users across the Web. Benefits
- A complete solution for digital collections - CONTENTdm is the only solution of its kind to offer all you need to manage, store and share your collections on the Web. It also enables you to provide access to digital collections in any language.
- Easy to use - CONTENTdm is easy to install and use, and many current users have built or converted collections within a few weeks. They are assisted by templates, batch processing, customisable out-of-the-box Web interfaces, tutorials, Web training sessions and comprehensive Help files.
- Flexible and fully customisable - CONTENTdm gives you full control over all digital resources, their descriptions, access and display. You can fully customise metadata fields and create predefined queries, as well as all Web interfaces.
- Serves as an institutional repository - PDF documents, theses, dissertations and reports can all be easily stored and managed in CONTENTdm. With its ability to handle any type of file, using CONTENTdm for an institutional repository brings collections together into a cohesive and accessible Web-based environment.
- Scalable - CONTENTdm seamlessly grows with your projects, enabling you to upgrade and increase capacity without new software installations.
- Open, extensible and interoperable - while most users run the CONTENTdm software “out-of-the box,” it also has an API that allows for custom development. The open architecture supports extensions and the Web interface is fully customisable.
- Discovery through WorldCat - the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway provides you with a self-service tool for uploading the metadata of your unique digital content to WorldCat - the premier database of library materials. Once your metadata is in WorldCat, your collections are more visible and discoverable by end users who search WorldCat.org, WorldCat Local and WorldCat Local "quick start", as well as Google, Yahoo! and other popular Web sites.
- World-class support and documentation.
- Vibrant, global user community - With CONTENTdm, you become part of an active user community of over 1,500 organisations worldwide. Users freely share best practices and locally-developed extensions through the CONTENTdm listserv and User Support Center, regional user groups and other collaborations.
For more information, visit OCLC's CONTENTdm page.